Mike tagged me and even though I am ill (down with a sore throat, viral fever etc.) I had to respond within the eight hour deadline. So here it is in brief, eight random things about me.
1) This is something that not even my friends know about – I chose my own name. Think about this? How many people chose their own name when they are 4? There is a story out here, but that’s for later.
2) I have been learning to play Guitar on and off for the last couple of years…the fingers have started moving a little bit faster between the chords, but I still have a long long way to go.
3) I gave away 3 large containers full of books last year and within a year my library is back to where it was – My wife Meena wouldn’t agree – she thinks it is overflowing and will say that I have shopped with a vengeance since then!
4) I am passionate about Software especially about Project Management, Estimation, and Risk Management. I read voraciously on these topics.
5) I had my own .com business that wounded up much quicker than ice can melt on a heated stove!
6) I like to spend time with my family – Meena and my two kids Tanvi and Sreesh. However much time I spend with them, seems so very little! Thanks Meena and you little ones for the joys that you have brought in my life! And how can I forget my extended family, my mom, brothers , sister, sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws and their little ones and their little ones! Oh well! You know how it is in India – Child marriages and all (just kidding!) Yes I am a Grandfather! Shh…thats a secret!
7) I like driving and more so on highways.
8 ) I can write pages about this, but will keep it succinct. I am so very passionate about Art of Living. I volunteer with the Foundation and am so very grateful to my Master (Sri Sri Ravishankar). It wasn’t overnight that I found a change in myself….the journey over the last seven years has been so very joyful!
I am tagging:
– Archana – a colleague of mine from Chennai. I haven’t met her so far. She is one of the most prolific bloggers within Cognizant (We have an internal blogging system) and has a gem of a blog on Hinduism. I have been asking her to see if she can mirror that out on an external blog.
– The man who made blogging possible within Cognizant is our Chief Knowledge Officer – Sukumar – who also has an external blog. So Sukumar, here you go.
– Anin, an ex-colleague of mine has a wonderful blog titled “My Cloud 9 in the sky”. Anin, you are next.
– I started blogging only after reading Rajesh’ blog. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Rajesh two years ago. Rajesh writes exclusively on emerging technology and gives us a preview of his personal life once in a while, so not sure if Rajesh would respond to this, but nevertheless.
– Up next is Nimmy, a KM consultant with Wipro and I love her writings because she introspects a lot and writes from the depth of her heart.
– Prakash, also from Wirpo, has a insightful blog on Software Development. I started reading Prakash’ blog very recently. Prakash, you are tagged.
and Atanu. I like Atanu’ writings, though I don’t tend to agree on a certain category of writings that he has on his blog, but hey that is his viewpoint. Atanu you are next.
Here are the rules folks:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
- If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes.